07 Sep SEO and Content Go Hand-in-Hand
SEO and Content Go Hand-in-Hand
Some on the periphery of online marketing have declared that search engine optimization (SEO) is dead and that content is king. In my opinion, these folks are dead wrong.
SEO and content marketing are made for each other. Neither works well on its own, but, together they are a powerhouse for internet marketing. Let’s take a quick look at the importance of each and then how they work together.
How SEO and Content Work Together
Following are some simple FAQs for making SEO and content work well together.
- SEO states what the requirements are for content. Content marketing meets the requirements.
- SEO needs content. Content marketing provides it.
- SEO means that keywords are used. Content marketing uses keywords.
- Quality SEO uses link backs, content marketing includes them
- SEO requires that output is consistent, content marketing mandates consistency at all times.
SEO is a way to set up your website so that it ranks highly in online search results. It uses key words, geolocation, and other strategies to help your site rank highly in search engine results (SER). These and other SEO markers are used within the content on a site. However, it has been a long while since keyword stuffing was used as an SEO strategy. Today, Google and other search engines demand that content is of great quality – SER is partly determined by the quality of content.
What is Quality Content?
Content that is focused on the user and engages the user are hallmarks of high-quality content. The following tips help content writers create content:
- Never use jargon, if your reader is not from the industry they may not understand the jargon and move to another site.
- Do write in a tone that is targeted to your audience by using the right writing style, tone, and voice.
- Stimulates a response – it can be a comment on a blog post, a Signup for a newsletter, a download of information, or a purchase. Another welcome action is sharing your content on social media.
- The importance of proper structure should not be underestimated. Great content lists points you want to make at the beginning of your content with supporting details following either in the content or on another page.
Other Hallmarks of Quality Content
- Quality content has a business reason for being. Storytelling is currently a popular way to present content. However, the story must have a point that spurs a user to act as described in above.
- Finding and sharing quality content is easy. It shows up early in SER and on social networks expanding your content’s reach.
There are two ways to optimize content. They are:
- Content that is SEO optimized is easily found by Google and other search engines.
- Social optimization helps you get your message out on social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media sites.
You can hire us to provide your professionally written and optimized content or use a writing service or hire a copywriter. I recommend you use a writer experienced in combining SEO with great content. Your content can make or break your website and professional SEO content writers are current on the latest SEO techniques in use.
- SEO and content marketing do go hand-in-hand. To succeed you must use both when preparing content for your website.
- Failing to integrate SEO with content marketing dooms your marketing campaign to failure.
Till Next Time,